Saturday, October 8, 2016

Module 6: Art Blog Reviews

1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog
I had to go up a few people on the list to find a person that I could review both projects. Then I chose a second person after.
http://laurenroetzerartblog.blogspot.com/
http://darrenyoung21.blogspot.com/
2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?
I did agree with the elements and principles that I saw. I was able to tell that a good portion of the photos could actually have been used for more than just one element/principle.
3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
Yes, The Marvelous Sauce and La Source De La Loue were paintings that I found in other projects in addition to my own. Some of the reasons were similar; for example the detail of the work or the mysteriousness of the setting. One student went farther with looking into political undertones where I was just admiring the impeccable detail the artist put into the work.
4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
I saw Under a Cloud at the museum. It wasn't until my peer used it in her project that I became so fascinated with it. The connection to depression was important. Some members of my family struggle with it and once I made the personal connection, the work really meant a lot to me. I would like to know more about the artist's relationship with her mother.
5. What do you think about  the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?
The process is rewarding. Not everyone perceives things the same way that you do. Reading what others used in their projects and why opened up new doors for me. I enjoyed seeing what other people my age thought of while completing these projects. It is definitely a valuable teaching tool for us instead of just answering questions out of a book each week.
6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?
The comments were extremely helpful. It was nice to see what people think about your own work. My comments did agree with what I did and even if they did not, I would still appreciate the critiques!

No comments:

Post a Comment