Saturday, October 1, 2016

Logo


The final logo is on the left page in the center. The red ribbon with the blue background crest is my final choice.

1. Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.
I thought about what characteristics, colors, and things represent me. I focused on my favorite things and/or passions: hockey, playing goalie, and coffee. 
2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
I was thinking about using colors to have my design stand out. I was debating on college colors, professional team colors, and national colors. I wanted to use objects or symbols that would be recognizable. I thought of a crest because it is like the NHL logo (hockey influence) and a badge (protective influence). As a goalie, I am a very defensive minded person and a badge styled crest symbolizes security and protection.
3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
Refining the logo design was the most important. The process of brainstorming sketches and deciding on a direction to continue in is paramount when designing a logo. Once I had a general idea, then it turned into changing the details in order to get the best version of what I wanted.
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material  for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
I learned about the history of lettering, symbols, and the use of artistic elements in ancient society.  The most important aspect of the reading is the emphasis that it puts on contemplating and brainstorming. This is such an extremely important portion of the logo design stage. It was interesting to see how those ideas were translated to modern day logos. The videos were informative, but not as interesting as the reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment