Sunday, December 4, 2016

Art Curation Reflection Blog

Reflection:

The process was much more involved that I truly ever thought. The amount of effort and careful consideration that art curators must do when creating an exhibit is paramount in creating a successful exhibition. Every little detail matters whether it involves the space, lighting, choices of artworks, organization of art, etc.

Learning about this got me pretty excited to do this project. I bounced around with a few ideas for my theme. The first was urban lifestyle in the 20th century. I decided to go with a war theme and use it to track artist's depictions of war over the past centuries. The artworks illustrated how there are a few different ways that artists generally depict war scenes:

  1. Romanticized
  2. Brutal & Bloody
  3. Dark & Desperate
  4. Energetic Propaganda 
The way that war is depicted still carries the moral weight with it. I am happy that I chose to do this theme because it was quite enlightening 

No comments:

Post a Comment